Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Movie: Source Code

          Okay this is my first movie "review"and it's on Source Code. (I saw it the weekend before this one and I want to write about it before I forget.) Like always I will tell you about it without ruining the story. In the film Jake's character (whose name I can't remember) uses the source code to playback a moment in time.  These playbacks are experienced by Jake first hand as if he was there.  He does this by taking the place of someone who was there.  While he's in the playback he can interact and do things differently giving it various outcomes. (Pretty much time travel, but they weren't calling it that.)  He's only alloted eight minutes because in the end his (In a sense) "avatar" dies.  The source code taps into the last eight minutes of the dead to recreate the playbacks Jake is experiencing.  He is tasked with finding a bomb on a train before it explodes as well as the bomber to prevent another attack.  
          The acting was really well done. (IMO) There was this one scene that had me choked up, but not a tear jerker. (There are movies that get me there though.) It gets wild as the story progresses.  Your ganna get hit with a couple of curve balls you didn't expect going in, but nothing over the top or too Hollywood.  Source Code is a perfect mix of Vantage PointDéjà Vu, and The Matrix.  It definitely gets 4 stars from me. (Sorry for the short post, but what can I say without totally spoiling it?) 
-Don't Just Be A Robot, Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...