Sunday, May 1, 2011

Game: Medal Of Honor



          Medal Of Honor was published or developed by EA. (you swear I know the game industry lingo, or care for that matter. Their logo is on it. That's all I need to know) I use to hate them, when all they did was sports and movie games, but this isn't about EA this is about their game.  I rarely play campaign on FPS because all I want to do is get online and fuck people up.  As I'm sure you know the PlayStation Network has been down for over a week, so with no other choice I played story mode. (That's right I am a PlayStation man.) My only real complaint with MoH is that it was short and easy. (I beat it in three days with no serious playtime and little effort on the hardest mode available.) 
          The craziest part for me was that you keep switching between characters throughout the game. You play as Navy Seal "Rabbit", Delta Force operative "Deuce", Army Ranger "Adams", and Apache Gunner "Hawk".  The transitions between character was also done really well. (Now I'm not going to ruin the story.) For example Adams team was in desperate need of air support and when it finally does arrive it's Hawk.  You then start playing as Hawk flying all over the mountain destroying various enemy camps.  When all is said and done Hawk starts making his way back to base when an Anti-Air gunner is about open fire on the helicopter. The gunner is picked off before he could shoot a single shot by Deuce (Who you then start playing as.)
          It's these things that make this game awesome as far as the story goes, but like I said from the start I play online more then anything else.  When your online you can play as three classes; RiflemanSpecial Ops, and Sniper.  To me Rifleman and Special Ops are interchangeable. (They are the run around and shoot everything with your machine guns guys) Sniper = Campers. (Far far away campers. Who kill you when you least expect it, because your taking the route no one who's "In the battle" takes.)  Now don't get me wrong I do my share of sniping, but God do I hate you guys.  Like any other FPS it has a death match & capture and hold.  What's unique for the game is the Combat Missions. (when I think about it-it isn't all that unique.) In Combat Mission you start on one end of the map and have to complete various objectives (depending on the map) to progress.  The opposing force has to stop you and hold out until your reinforcement runs out.
          You as a player gain experience points for the class you play as.  As you level up you will unlock more guns and attachment for those guns for that class.  Once you reach level eight you will be considered Tier 1.  Being in Tier 1 changes your appearance and give lower Tier players more points for killing you. (You should be good by now.)  Very little replay ability on the campaign side.  On the multi player side? You can play it everyday for five hours for two months before you want another FPS. (Your the reason this economy isn't a full blown depression yet.)
                                                                                                    -Don't Just Be A Robot, Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...